SOW DELICIOUS – Exotic Collection Planting Chocolate – Exotic Peppers
Peppers grown from heirloom seed that has been protected and passed down for generations, with pure genetic lines which can trace back to the first peppers discovered in ancient South America hundreds of years ago!
This ‘Planting Chocolate’ will grow you a whole garden of exotic heirloom varieties of sweet peppers. These descriptions give you a taste of the wonderful harvests you can look forward to:
- Chocolate Beauty: This sweet bell pepper starts out green and then turns a velvety chocolate brown as it ripens. It has a sweet, smokey flavour and its rich, chocolate brown flesh, keeps its colour when cooked. This pepper plant is a very abundant producer.
- Heart Pimento: Pimento is Spanish for “pepper.” It grows large, red, heart-shaped sweet peppers 7 – 10 cm long and 5 cm wide. The flesh is sweet, meaty, succulent and more aromatic than that of the red bell pepper.
- Hungarian Yellow Wax: Sweet, non-pungent variety that bears the most beautiful soft lime green, 4cm wide by 8cm long fruit, which turn yellow, then orange and later deep bright red. The seed cluster is centered around the stalk, so they are easy to remove, to use these peppers for stuffing. It is an abundant producer, bearing for months and the more you pick the more peppers it produces.
SLAB GROWS: 60+ Peppers (5+ per plant)
LIGHT: Full Sun – 6 -10 hours
SPROUTS IN: 14 – 18 days
HARVEST: 10 – 14 Weeks
LIKES TO GROW OUT WITH: Basil, cucumber, eggplant, spinach, squash, tomatoes
FOODIE FUN FACT: Green peppers are still unripe but if left until they develop their colour, they have twice the amount of vitamin C with a stronger, sweeter flavour.
About SOW Delicious
Create your own organic garden with the SOW DELICIOUS range of heirloom seeds. Heirloom Seed has been protected and passed down the generations. It is the purest seed on earth with exceptional taste and nutrition. The award winning trademarked ‘Planting Chocolate’ only grows heirloom vegetables & herbs.
- Exotic Collection Planting Chocolate: for the creative foodie who wants to serve ‘art on a plate’ from rare, beautiful, home-grown ingredients.
- Gourmet Collection Planting Chocolate: for those dreaming of picking their own fresh, organic ingredients to create a delicious feast.
- Pure Collection Planting Chocolate: for those dreaming of growing the purest food to harvest & serve fresh from their own garden…growing back to their roots.