SOW DELICIOUS – Exotic Collection Planting Chocolate – Exotic Chillies
Chillies grown from heirloom seed that has been protected and passed down for generations, with pure genetic lines which can trace back to the first chillies discovered in ancient South America hundreds of years ago!
This ‘Planting Chocolate’ will grow you a whole garden of exotic heirloom varieties of chillies. These descriptions give you a taste of the wonderful harvests you can look forward to:
- Big Jim: This is the largest chilli pepper in the world! The pods can grow up to 35 cm in length. On average, they are about 20 cm long and 5 cm wide. This easy and vigorous plant remains relatively small compared to the large pods, between 60 cm and 90 cm. The pods color during ripening from green to deep red. This pepper is ideal for stuffing. MILD SHU:500-3000
- Black Hungarian: The Hungarian Black is a heirloom chilli from Hungary. They are similar in shape and size to the Jalapeno. They start as a beautiful purple flower, the fruit then starts green, before turning a glossy black and finally maturing to a bright red. The more they age, the hotter they get. MILD TO HOT: 5000-10000
- Fish Chilli: The fish pepper more than likely originated in the Caribbean and was given its name because it was usually paired with fish to make the most delicious, traditional dishes. The young cream-colored peppers were used for adding a kick to the creamy sauces that topped seafood. The leaves of the Fish Pepper are variegated and its fruits are multicolored making it a very attractive ornamental plant. HOT: 15000-30000
SLAB GROWS:300+ chillies (30+ per plant)
LIGHT: Full Sun – 6 – 10 hours
SPROUTS IN: 14 – 24 days
HARVEST: 10 – 14 Weeks
LIKES TO GROW OUT WITH: Basil, cucumber, eggplant, spinach, squash, tomatoes
FOODIE FUN FACT: The white fleshy membrane that the seeds are attached to inside a chilli, and not the seed, is the hottest part.
About SOW Delicious
Create your own organic garden with the SOW DELICIOUS range of heirloom seeds. Heirloom Seed has been protected and passed down the generations. It is the purest seed on earth with exceptional taste and nutrition. The award winning trademarked ‘Planting Chocolate’ only grows heirloom vegetables & herbs.
- Exotic Collection Planting Chocolate: for the creative foodie who wants to serve ‘art on a plate’ from rare, beautiful, home-grown ingredients.
- Gourmet Collection Planting Chocolate: for those dreaming of picking their own fresh, organic ingredients to create a delicious feast.
- Pure Collection Planting Chocolate: for those dreaming of growing the purest food to harvest & serve fresh from their own garden…growing back to their roots.